The Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports (HMCS) welcomes you to its new set of on-line e-services available to citizens, companies, and all other private and public entities, in an attempt to advance and update the quality of its services, utilizing modern web-based information technologies.
From now on, applications and supporting documentation may be submitted on-line for a growing set of services. Services supported at this initial stage include:
- applications regarding the construction, siting, and installation of operational facilities for a works project, or for any other purposes
- applications for obtaining the Ministry’s officially required opinion on environmental studies officially submitted to other Greek public authorities
- applications for approval to perform works on monuments, modern or ancient
- applications for approval to expropriate land located within or near archaeological sites, as defined by Greek law
- requests for temporary concession of monuments for cultural purposes
- applications for carrying out the necessary archaeological investigations and works within the framework of small or large-scale government construction works
- application for the conduction of archeological investigations by archeological schools
The present website provides all users with the option of safely submitting applications and supporting documentation, monitoring the progress of their applications and receiving over the internet the official Ministry’s response, as well as all other documents required. In this stage, the option of on-line submission is limited to applications regarding the following geographical territories under the jurisdiction of the following Regional Services of The Ministry only:
- Ephorate of Antiquities of East Attica
- Ephorate of Antiquities of Fokida
- Ephorate of Modern Monuments and Technical Works of Attika, Eastern Sterea Ellada and Cyclades
- Applications for all other geographical regions of the country are to be included in the system at a later stage, provided that the present attempt is successful!
The option of on-line submission of requests applies for services provided by the following central Directorates of The Ministry:
- Directorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities
- Directorate of Byzantine and Post-Byzantine Antiquities
- Directorate of Protection and Restoration of Modern and Contemporary Monuments
Access to the above services is available only to users who have registered by following the steps described in the User Registration page, and have obtained the necessary passwords. For additional information do not hesitate to contact the e-Secretary of the Ministry!